Saturday 16 March 2013

Bengali Beauty “Bidita Bag” in conversation with BollyGraph!


After being the face of Fair & Lovely, Wild Stone, Vaseline, Elle-18 etc, the Bengali beauty, Bidita Bag, debuts Bollywood with her movie “From Sydney With Love” releasing 31st August,2012. She has graduated in Economics, and has also lent voice to AIR (All India Radio), she has done several Bengali movies which are ready to release. She is all geared up for her debut in B-Town.
Before the flick reaching cinemas near you, Bidita lights up a perky conversation with BollyGraph.
Q. Your film “As the River Flows” was an inch close from bagging a National Award, but missed it on the basis on language. How do you feel after that?
Its sounds a little funny to me, but they said the film has many languages in it, Assamese, Hindi, English, Bengali etc. It has also actors from Bollywood hence it cannot be classified under the Assamese film category. Assamese version of “As the river flows” is 70% in Assamese. This film is based on the real life story of a social activist Sanjoy Ghosh, who was kidnapped in Assam in 1997 and his friend who is a journalist, tries to undertake his trail. The usage of other languages is fully the demand of screenplay. What is the meaning of Bollywood actors? Are we foreign actors? We need VISA to shoot in Assam? Its stupid reason that an Assamese film should have only Assamese speaking actors! Assam was neglected. Now it got neglected in national Film awards.
Q Getting you on board for the movie “From Sydney with Love” was a tale interesting in itself, would you shortly re-tell it for our readers.
I was shooting in Nandigram. No internet access. I went to local market 10kms to check emails. I found a mail from Prateek Chakravorty on Facebook which was written 3 days back “A film proposal if interested”. I was curious. I replied back and asked for synopsis, screenplay. I got it immediately. We exchanged a few e-mails. I met him in Mumbai after a month. Our mental frequency matched and we agreed to work together after a brief meeting. I was impressed. He gathered a detailed info about my previous work from internet.
Q. The cast is new and refreshing, how were you equations with your co-stars?
A. In this film I share my screen space most with Sabyasachi Chakrabarty, Sharad Malhotra and Prateek Chakrabarty. Sabyasachi Sir is a senior actor and I have shared my screen space with him before also. Every time I learn something new from him. Sharad has 3 years of TV experience. He has rehearsed scenes, dance sequences for hours with me. I salute his patience. He was very cooperative. Prateek is an all-ROUNDER, human panda. He has written, directed, produced and acted in film. He has played a fat obnoxious boy in the film. He gives freedom to actor and brings best out of the actor. He has got a very good sense of humor and entertained us all day.
Q. What’s keeping you occupied these days? Projects you currently have in hand.
A. My Hindi film “As the river flows” is traveling in different film festivals. My 5 Bengali films are ready. I play Muslim village girl, super model, a house-wife, an NRI, a TV journalist etc. Huh. I don’t repeat myself. I have been lucky so far that each and every time I played different roles. Not signed any other Hindi film yet. Let’s see what future has in store for me.
Perked-Up:
If not in movies or on TV, where else would we see you?
In a school/college/university as a teacher
One thing not many know about you:
I am an Atheist and believe only in humanity.
If you could go anywhere in the world in the next hour, where would you go?
I would love to go to Himalayas, a Heaven on earth.
Languages in which you can articulate:
Bengali, Hindi, English.
Three styling tips that always work for you:
Whatever I wear it should be comfortable, Fashionable and should look elegant.
What’s on your current playlist?
Songs from “From Sydney With love”.
One place you would love to be stranded at:
My imaginary house next to a small river in a mountain valley!
Three adjectives that define you well:
Gorgeous, courageous and thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment